We are seeking a Receptionist to join our growing team! This position will be the first point of contact for all customers, clients and vendors at Western Oncolytics, including assisting and directing individuals to appropriate locations. The Receptionist will also have responsibilities that include supporting the executive and laboratory teams with administrative tasks and demonstrate the highest level of customer service in interactions both external and internal.
- Act as the first point of contact for clients and office visitors. Answer phone calls, greet visitors, and maintain a welcoming entrance to the Western Oncolytics office. Direct visitors appropriately through the office and maintain security.
- Maintain orderliness of front office area, conference rooms and other shared spaces. All spaces should look clean, neat and tidy.
- Coordinate deliveries and shipments. Process and distribute mail. Ensure outgoing mail is collected daily. Create overnight package slips when requested.
- Manage and maintain printers, copy machines and other shared office equipment. Troubleshoot equipment when needed, call in repairs as necessary.
- Keep inventory of and order office supplies as needed. Maintain stock of kitchen items including beverages, snacks, and coffee. Maintain bathroom amenities.
- Provides administrative support. To include typing, filing, preparing correspondence, assisting with reports and presentations, making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, photocopying, faxing, collating and other related activities.
- Coordinate and interface with vendors and contractors regarding laboratory materials.
- Maintain online and physical filing systems.
A successful candidate:
- Is detail-oriented, organized, motivated and flexible
- Has superior customer service skills
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative
- Works independently and cooperatively with others
- Uses a high degree of discretion with confidential information
- Can multitask, prioritize and problem solve
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding time management skills
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates Degree preferred
- Two (2) years of experience as a receptionist or in an administrative role required.
How to apply
Send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org