Western Oncolytics is a growing biotechnology startup company with research labs based in Pittsburgh, PA. Its products are primarily cutting-edge viral-based cancer immunotherapies. At Western Oncolytics you will have the chance to integrate within a small and growing team, so allowing focused and ambitious individuals to learn new and important skills and advance as the company expands.
Junior Technician’s primary responsibilities are to maintain cell cultures, preparation of reagents, sterilization, and equipment maintenance for all departments.
- Cell Culture of human cell lines, primarily HeLa Cells, and provide cells in multiple formats to various departments.
- Creation of master and working cell banks of both human and mouse cell lines for the company
- Maintaining the cryo storage inventory for the company.
- Creating and maintaining solutions for virus production and assisting in viral production
- Participates in the maintenance of laboratory supplies and analytical equipment.
- Opportunity to assist R and D in the performance of assays based on experience and training.
Required Education & Skills
- BS/BA in Cell Biology, Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or related Science
- Strong Aseptic technique for the cell culture of both human and mouse cell lines.
- The ability to read, understand, and follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Molecular Biology experience such as PCR, qPCR and cloning, is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills relaying cell stocks, cell culture schedule, and distribution of cells to various departments.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are expected.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
How to apply
Send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org